As we all know that this botanical garden not only the green garden but this place is learning center for botany and northern culture.That is why the owner built the collection house, or we can call as museum ,also the local wooden houses which had been built for the new generations to see the way of life of the villagers dated back from 80-100 years.The old Lanna houses are quite hard to see at the present.
This house used to be on ly 6 KM. from Teechol Botanical Garden .It had been built again at the garden on June 15,2004. The originate of this house was 7/1 Bahn Mae Haad tum bol Paplu Amphur Bann Hong Lumpoon Province .This house was belong to Grand pa ,his name Mr.OUIAAI BOONMA DUANG and the house itself was built in 1951. WE bought this old house on May 15, 2004. Mr.OUIAAI BOONMA DUANG used to be a carpenter. And there is an artist in the blood. He built this house by himself with the help of his children and neighbors. His wife, Mae Fong, said that her husband was not only the carpenter but he was an an architect. Build structures and even pull wood from the forest to build a house with his two hands. thought in his own way. Build structures, even pull wood from the forest to build a house with Ouch's two hands. Mae Fong said the roof was made on a full moon day. The charm of this house lies in the artwork above the windows of each room, which are painted in beautiful, admirable patterns.
This Kalae house is Pho Nan Pok Kitkosum's house, originally located at No. 5, Ban Pa Kui, San Pu Loei Subdistrict, Doi Saket District. At present it was hardly to find this type of house in perfect shape. It took quite a long time to find a perfect house like this one. Actually, this house is located near Chedi Pong, Khuang Sing, Muang District, Chiang Mai Province. and was relocated to build at San Pulei for and the third time was moved to Tweechol Botanical Garden. During the construction of this house at Tweechol Botanical Garden There were the unbelievable matters occurred during construction.We, who did not believe in ancient traditions, must believe by asking for forgiveness from the former owner of the house. By Ajarn Wilak Sripasang. We invited Father Nan Sri Lao came to perform the ceremony to pray for such punishment. After that, everything went back to normal. The second and the third time were moved to Tweechol Botanical Garden and this house was always crowded for weddings and khantoke dinners.
The original owner of the house was Por Kaew Jomfang, a young man from the Burmese border. This house was built in 1937. Originally, it was house no. 48, Ban Tha Khian, Thung Hua Chang District, Lamphun Province. This house was demolished from the original site to build a new one at Taweechol botanical garden in 2004. It was one of the two houses in the village that was used for roofing. Other than that, in the village, every homeowner's house was covered with tiles. The condition of the house before being demolished to Taweechol botanical garden was not in the good condition. Every house pillar is tilted. Most of the verandas of wooden houses decay. The kitchen has no windows at all.